Recipe by Charmie777
Delicious flat bread, similar to foccacia. For a 1-1/2 pound capacity bread machine. Posted for Zaar World Tour II.
Top Review by WiGal
I did decrease the salt by using 2 teaspoons, but still is too salty for us. I also added rosemary to the olive oil. Thanks Charmie777 for sharing. Made for ZWT4 for the Eastern Europe bread challenge.
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salt
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 teaspoons yeast
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In small saucepan, scaled milk by heating it just to boiling point, and set aside to cool.
- Add ingredients (except for garlic and olive oil) in order required by your bread machine.
- Program machine for dough.
- At end of rising cycle, turn the bread out onto a lightly floured surface. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup olive oil with the crushed garlic. Set aside.
- Divide dough into 2 pieces, and with a floured rolling pin, roll each into a 1-inch-thick round.
- Lightly oil a large baking sheet and arrange the rounds on the sheet.
- Brush liberally with some of the garlic oil.
- Bake the rounds in the lower third of preheated 375º oven for 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Serve warm.