Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
A tasty wrap from "Canadian Living Cooks"
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1 sweet green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup pickled hot peppers (optional)
- In nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; cook onion and garlic, stirring often, for 3 minutes.
- Add paprika, allspice, salt and pepper; cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add beef; cook, breaking up with spoon, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Drain off any fat.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste, breaking up tomatoes with fork; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add green pepper and parsley; cook, stirring often, until most of the liquid is evaporated, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Divide beef mixture among tortillas; fold tortillas in half to form pockets.
- Sprinkle filling with cucumber, feta cheese, and pickled pepper (if using).
- Serve warm.
My dh wasn't raving over it, but I must say flavors improved over night. In fact dh made a sort of sloppy joe out of it last night and seemed quite contented.