lynnski / LA's Note:
This festive artichoke appetizer salad is a great appetizer or snack to be served with some Mid Eastern bread. The recipe is from The Complete Armenian Cookbook by Alice Bezjian. Mrs Bezjian and her family moved to Los Angeles after living in Asia Minor and the Middle East. In LA she and her husband opened a very successful delicatessen store featuring these foods.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) can artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1 (4 ounce) can button mushrooms
- 1 (8 ounce) can black olives, Greek super colossal
- 1 (8 ounce) can green olives, Greek
- 1 (4 ounce) can pimientos, roasted and sliced
- 11. In a large mixing bowl, combine the artichokes, mushrooms, olives and pimentos; set aside.
- 2Blend all the dressing ingredients; pour over the artichoke mixture; mix gently and chill.
- 3Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with the sliced avocados.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Armenian Artichoke Salad
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 533.3
- Calories from Fat 446
- Total Fat 49.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1592.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.1 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 5.8 g