Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This festive artichoke appetizer salad is a great appetizer or snack to be served with some Mid Eastern bread. The recipe is from The Complete Armenian Cookbook by Alice Bezjian. Mrs Bezjian and her family moved to Los Angeles after living in Asia Minor and the Middle East. In LA she and her husband opened a very successful delicatessen store featuring these foods.
- 1 (8 ounce) can artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1 (4 ounce) can button mushrooms
- 1 (8 ounce) can black olives, Greek super colossal
- 1 (8 ounce) can green olives, Greek
- 1 (4 ounce) can pimientos, roasted and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar, white
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon dried savory, leaves French
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 avocado
- 1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the artichokes, mushrooms, olives and pimentos; set aside.
- Blend all the dressing ingredients; pour over the artichoke mixture; mix gently and chill.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with the sliced avocados.