Armadillo Willy's is the best rib place in Northern California, IMHO. The closest one to us is about half an hour away, so thankfully they gave out the rub recipe and we can buy the sauce.
My Private Note
cup app ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1/4 cup paprika (I like to use smoked paprika since I can't get the smokey flavor the restaurant does0)
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1Air-dry the brown sugar on a cookie sheet for a few hours, or dry in a warm oven. (you can skip this step with no detrimental effects.).
- 2Place the dried sugar in a Ziploc bag and break it up using a rolling pin until granulated.
- 3Stir all ingredients in a mixing bowl, then run through a sifter several times.
- 4Rub generously on spareribs or baby backs.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Armadillo Willy's Rib Rub
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.8
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 28334.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.7 g
- Sugars 60.5 g
- Protein 7.4 g