Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Armadillo Willy's is the best rib place in Northern California, IMHO. The closest one to us is about half an hour away, so thankfully they gave out the rub recipe and we can buy the sauce.
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup salt
- 1⁄4 cup paprika (I like to use smoked paprika since I can't get the smokey flavor the restaurant does0)
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed fennel seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- Air-dry the brown sugar on a cookie sheet for a few hours, or dry in a warm oven. (you can skip this step with no detrimental effects.).
- Place the dried sugar in a Ziploc bag and break it up using a rolling pin until granulated.
- Stir all ingredients in a mixing bowl, then run through a sifter several times.
- Rub generously on spareribs or baby backs.