Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
Tasty potato appetizers.
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- olive oil
- 6 idaho potatoes, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, cheese, paprika, salt and pepper, and 1 Tbs olive oil.
- Set the mixture aside.
- Transform each potato half into a armadillo by cutting 9 or so notches ½ to ¾ inch deep in the rounded top.
- For each armadillo, cut a square of aluminum foil big enough to loosely wrap around it, brush the center with olive oil, then place the potato on it, flat side down.
- Sprinkle the top with some of the crumb mixture, pressing it into the grooves, then seal the potato in the aluminum foil.
- Arrange all of the potatoes on a baking sheet and bake them for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Be careful opening the pouches – they're hot and probably full of steam.
These potatoes are just fantastic. I prepared this just as written. It was a nice change from baked potatoes as a side instead of plain baked potatoes. THanks for sharing!!
Made for PAC Fall 08. Tasty lil taters...I would definitely add some garlic when I make them again...just a personal preference!