These are so yummy. The cheese and bacon are a great compliment to the jalapeno flavor and reduce the heat of the peppers. This is my adaptation of an appetizer I had many years ago.
- Slice jalapenos in half and clean out seeds (be sure to get them all or they will be hot).
- Mix cheese, onion and garlic salt together and spoon into jalapeno halves.
- Wrap each with 1/2 strip of bacon.
- Place on cookie rack placed over a cookie sheet to catch the drippings.
- Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes or until the bacon is crisp.
- The thin bacon wraps easier.
- I just tuck the ends under the bottom.
- Amazingly, these are not hot if you get all the seeds out.
- There are never enough of them no matter how many I make because they are so popular.