Recipe by johnnie terry
These are so yummy. The cheese and bacon are a great compliment to the jalapeno flavor and reduce the heat of the peppers. This is my adaptation of an appetizer I had many years ago.
Top Review by newtocookingm&m
We love these! We did 1/2 tsp garlic powder and we added 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese. For the onion I used green onions. We started them to late and didn't have 45min so we baked them 10min at 350 and broiled them on both sides for till crispy. Flipping them over wasn't the prettiest but tasted fine. Next time I will bake longer maybe 20-30 and then broil just the tops to speed them up. I heard one suggestion to put them on a cookie cooling rack on a baking sheet and that would help them cook faster and the pan under would catch the grease. I plan to try that next time!
- 15 fresh jalapenos
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- thin sliced bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice jalapenos in half and clean out seeds (be sure to get them all or they will be hot).
- Mix cheese, onion and garlic salt together and spoon into jalapeno halves.
- Wrap each with 1/2 strip of bacon.
- Place on cookie rack placed over a cookie sheet to catch the drippings.
- Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes or until the bacon is crisp.
- The thin bacon wraps easier.
- I just tuck the ends under the bottom.
- Amazingly, these are not hot if you get all the seeds out.
- There are never enough of them no matter how many I make because they are so popular.