Top Review by windywood
Excellent spicy flavor. I might try with canned green chilis for a milder flavor. Delicious snack! I'm thinking they would be fun for Halloween too -- Love the name! Thanks much!
- 1⁄2 lb shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 lb shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 lb hot breakfast sausage
- 1 1⁄2 cups Bisquick
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (5 ounce) packagespicy Shake-n-Bake
- 20 jalapenos
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the peppers in half lengthwise down one side only and scrape out the seeds. If you accidentally cut all the way through, just try to keep the two halves together.
- Mix Bisquick, sausage and cheddar in a large bowl.
- Place the beaten egg in a shallow bowl,.
- also put the Shake N Bake in a shallow bowl.
- Stuff each pepper with shredded jack, then stick the halves back together, if separated.
- Grab a handful of the sausage mixture and wrap around the pepper in the shape of an elongated egg.
- Dip in beaten egg and roll in Shake N Bake to coat evenly.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. When the peppers are all ready, bake at 350F for 25 minutes or till crisp.
- This recipe for Armadillo Eggs serves/makes 20.
- CAUTION! IF USING HABENAROS, USE OWN DISCRETION AS TO PEPPER PROPORTIONS. Maybe make some jalapeno and some habenaros.
- Be sure to de seed peppers accordingly depending on your tolerance for oral agony!