Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1⁄2 lb shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 lb shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 lb hot breakfast sausage
- 1 1⁄2 cups Bisquick
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (5 ounce) packagespicy Shake-n-Bake
- 20 jalapenos
- Slice the peppers in half lengthwise down one side only and scrape out the seeds. If you accidentally cut all the way through, just try to keep the two halves together.
- Mix Bisquick, sausage and cheddar in a large bowl.
- Place the beaten egg in a shallow bowl,.
- also put the Shake N Bake in a shallow bowl.
- Stuff each pepper with shredded jack, then stick the halves back together, if separated.
- Grab a handful of the sausage mixture and wrap around the pepper in the shape of an elongated egg.
- Dip in beaten egg and roll in Shake N Bake to coat evenly.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. When the peppers are all ready, bake at 350F for 25 minutes or till crisp.
- This recipe for Armadillo Eggs serves/makes 20.
- CAUTION! IF USING HABENAROS, USE OWN DISCRETION AS TO PEPPER PROPORTIONS. Maybe make some jalapeno and some habenaros.
- Be sure to de seed peppers accordingly depending on your tolerance for oral agony!
Excellent spicy flavor. I might try with canned green chilis for a milder flavor. Delicious snack! I'm thinking they would be fun for Halloween too -- Love the name! Thanks much!
These were great! When selecting Jalapenos, try to pick the smallest ones possible - that way you can eat more than one! I followed the recipe exactly and they baked wonderfully... I did have to use an extra egg (but I think that was because my Jalapenos were so big!) Made for newest zaar tag - thanks Mimi!