My Dad grills a lot and is always making these. They are SOOOOO good. Very easy to make.
Make and share this Armadillo Eggs recipe from Food.com.
- You will need toothpicks for this. I buy the strong kind so that they don't break easy. Soak toothpicks in water for about 30 minutes.
- First you will need to cut jalapenos lengthwise in half and remove seeds. You can use canned jalapenos; I just prefer fresh.
- Flatten chicken to about 1" and cut into 4-6 pieces (enough to roll over a jalapeno half). Season with whatever seasonings you prefer. I use my Dad's homemade seasonings.
- Take a chicken piece, roll it around a jalapeno half, then roll 1 slice of bacon over top and secure with a toothpick. This may take a while; I usually do this the night before I grill or bake them.
- Cook on grill until bacon is crisp and chicken is cooked through.
- You can bake these in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 45 minutes; I just like them grilled.
- You can steal some off the grill as you are cooking them! YUM!
- If you have extra jalapenos left over, grill 'em if you can take the heat!