Recipe by babygirl65
My Dad grills a lot and is always making these. They are SOOOOO good. Very easy to make.
Top Review by Queen uh Cuisine
I made these for PAC 2006 and they were really good. I forgot to season the chicken OOPS I wish I had done that. I was enjoying the assembly so much I forgot. I will absolutly be making these again. Tomorrow my co-workers will be happy happy. Oh.. I almost forgot. I cooked these as suggested (in oven) and then turned up the heat in the oven to 400 for 10 minutes more. The bacon got crispy and the chicken was tender. Thanks babygirl65 :)
Directions See How It's Made
- You will need toothpicks for this. I buy the strong kind so that they don't break easy. Soak toothpicks in water for about 30 minutes.
- First you will need to cut jalapenos lengthwise in half and remove seeds. You can use canned jalapenos; I just prefer fresh.
- Flatten chicken to about 1" and cut into 4-6 pieces (enough to roll over a jalapeno half). Season with whatever seasonings you prefer. I use my Dad's homemade seasonings.
- Take a chicken piece, roll it around a jalapeno half, then roll 1 slice of bacon over top and secure with a toothpick. This may take a while; I usually do this the night before I grill or bake them.
- Cook on grill until bacon is crisp and chicken is cooked through.
- You can bake these in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 45 minutes; I just like them grilled.
- You can steal some off the grill as you are cooking them! YUM!
- If you have extra jalapenos left over, grill 'em if you can take the heat!