Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
After surfing the "recipe net" I have found this recipe all over the place. I originally got this from a guy named Kevin Taylor. These are kickin!
- 1 1⁄2 cups Bisquick
- 1⁄2 lb Jimmy Dean sausage
- 1⁄2 lb shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 package pork coating mix
- 10 jalapenos, whole or cut in half
- Cut jalapenos and seed if not leaving whole.
- Combine bisquick, sausage and cheddar cheese.
- Mix well and totally cover jalapenos.
- Dip in beaten egg, then shake and bake pork flavor coating.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
Great recipe. I don't know Jimmy Dean so used hot Italian and they were very good. Thanks Diana
Wow!! my mouth is all tingley, very very tastey!! Couldn't find Jimmy Dean so I used finely chopped garlic sausage. We did them cut in half and seeded, had a little trouble making it stick to the outside of the jalapenos, squeezed heck out of them. Can hardly wait to try them on my friend from the coast!! I think I will make them 1/4 size, small for appetizers, she will love them as we do!! Great lunch!! thanks for sharing Diana!!
Simply excellent. Used fat free cream cheese to add to the middle, and some low fat turkey breakfast sausage. Also, egg whites for the wash. I am sure that it's great with Jimmy Deans, because it was great this way!