1/1 Photo of Arm Roast Sloppy Joes
3 hrs 30 mins
Smoky Okie's Note:
This is a classic what some might call BBQ sandwiches. While true BBQ afficianados will certainly deny it the term BBQ, it's sweet tomatoey , beefy tang is always an easy crowd pleaser. Besides being delicious on a bun, it's a wonderful topper for baked potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In hot Dutch oven, brown arm roast in oil.
- 2Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours adding water if necessary (if lid fits well, adding water shouldn't be necessary).
- 3Add onion and garlic and continue simmering for 1 hour, oruntil beef is fork tender.
- 4With two forks, break meat into coarse shreds and chunks.
- 5Add remaining ingredients, bring back to a simmer.
- 6Cover and simmer 1 hour.
- 7Grill lightly buttered hamburger buns and pile on the meat.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arm Roast Sloppy Joes
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.1
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 91.5 mg
- Sodium 508.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 30.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: