Recipe by Melissa FLA
This recipe has been passed to me from my mom's friend Arlene, and has made it's way to 22 states that we know of. If you have someone who is difficult to please and doesn't eat their veggies, (like my husband) try this recipe on them. They won't know what hit em'.
Top Review by Junebug
This is a well written recipe that is easy to follow and uses ingrdients that are readily available. I could not find shoepeg corn so I used a can of mixed white and yellow corn. This was an easy recipe to put together and resulted in a tasty vegetable casserole. Thank you, Melissa FLA, for sharing your recipe.
- 1 (11 ounce) can white shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can French style green beans, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup white onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) package Ritz crackers, crushed (1 sleeve)
- 1⁄4 lb salted butter
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease a 2-quart glass dish with butter or cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix canned veggies, chopped fresh veggies, cream of celery soup, sour cream, and cheddar cheese.
- Gently mix until consistent.
- Microwave butter in medium bowl until liquid, and mix with crushed Ritz crackers until all crackers are coated.
- Pour veggie mixture into glass baking dish.
- Cover evenly with Ritz crackers.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 45 minutes.