Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was the perfect end to a perfect meal with great friends. Sweet and cold and creamy. The original recipe comes from Chef Nathaniel Burton who was a Master Chef in New Orleans. Serve over the best vanilla ice cream you can find.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced lengthwise and in halves
- 3 ounces light rum
- 3 ounces banana liqueur
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Put sugar, cinnamon and butter in a skillet.
- Heat until sugar has melted.
- Add banana pieces and saute approximately 3 minutes.
- Add the rum and cook 2 minutes more then add the liqueur and remove from the heat.
- Have ready 4 dessert plates or bowls and place one scoop of ice cream in each dish and divide the banana sections over each scoop then drizzle with the sauce and serve immediately.
I made the recipe for 2 servings (me and DH). I used only 1 ounce of banana liqueur. This was great on vanilla ice cream. Thanks Trinkets :) Made for PRMR tag game