Prep 45 mins
Cook 2 hrs
There's a lot of good duck hunting in Arkamsas, so we come up with good duck recipes from time to time. I'm not really sure where this one originated.
- 1 wild duck that has been simmered in water or 1 chicken broth
- save broth
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) packagechicken flavor Rice-A-Roni
- 1⁄2 cup oleo
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon instant minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) canmushrooms and liquid
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- Brown rice-a-roni in oleo. Add vegetables and saute 5 minutes more.
- Add long grain and wild rice plus broth flavor packets to rice-a-roni mixture.
- Stir well. Add broth, about 6 cups. Add water to this if needed.Add all other ingredients except duck and mushroom soup. Simmer 30 minutes.
- Test rice for doneness. Add additional water if needed. Mixture should be kept moist. Fold in mushroom soup and boned duck (torn in small pieces).
- Don't over stir. Serves 10. Freezes well. (When heating frozen leftovers, keep covered).