2 hrs 45 mins
Chef Roly-Poly's Note:
There's a lot of good duck hunting in Arkamsas, so we come up with good duck recipes from time to time. I'm not really sure where this one originated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 wild duck that has been simmered in water or 1 chicken broth
- save broth
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) package chicken flavor Rice-A-Roni
- 1/2 cup oleo
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon instant minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can mushrooms and liquid
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1Brown rice-a-roni in oleo. Add vegetables and saute 5 minutes more.
- 2Add long grain and wild rice plus broth flavor packets to rice-a-roni mixture.
- 3Stir well. Add broth, about 6 cups. Add water to this if needed.Add all other ingredients except duck and mushroom soup. Simmer 30 minutes.
- 4Test rice for doneness. Add additional water if needed. Mixture should be kept moist. Fold in mushroom soup and boned duck (torn in small pieces).
- 5Don't over stir. Serves 10. Freezes well. (When heating frozen leftovers, keep covered).
Browse Our Top Duck Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arkansas Rice and Wild Duck
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 41.8
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 625.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
long grain and wild rice blend