Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Top Review by Baby Kato
I love german pancakes and this one is no exception ratherbeswimmin'. What a great tasting, big, tall, light, fluffy pancake and it was filled with a delicious apple filling. What more could a girl ask for. I garnished with a sprinkling of icing sugar. I enjoyed this very much and will make again. Thank you so much for sharing.
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 large granny smith apples, cored and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- sifted powdered sugar
- whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Make Apple Filling: melt butter in a large skillet over med-high heat; add in apples; cook, stirring constantly, 12 minutes, until tender.
- Gently stir in honey; cook just until thoroughly heated; keep warm.
- Make pancake: heat a 12-inch cast-iron skillet in a 450° oven for 5 minutes.
- Combine the eggs, milk, and vanilla in a bowl; beat at medium speed using an electric mixer, until smooth.
- Add in flour and salt; beat 5 minutes.
- Melt butter in skillet; pour batter into hot skillet.
- Bake at 450° for 15 minutes; decrease temperature to 350°; bake 8 minutes or until puffed and browned.
- Remove from oven; spoon Apple Filling over pancake (pancake will deflate).
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and dollop with whipped cream; cut into wedges and serve.