1/2 Photos of Arkansas German-Baked Pancake
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- sifted powdered sugar
- whipped cream
- 1Make Apple Filling: melt butter in a large skillet over med-high heat; add in apples; cook, stirring constantly, 12 minutes, until tender.
- 2Gently stir in honey; cook just until thoroughly heated; keep warm.
- 3Make pancake: heat a 12-inch cast-iron skillet in a 450° oven for 5 minutes.
- 4Combine the eggs, milk, and vanilla in a bowl; beat at medium speed using an electric mixer, until smooth.
- 5Add in flour and salt; beat 5 minutes.
- 6Melt butter in skillet; pour batter into hot skillet.
- 7Bake at 450° for 15 minutes; decrease temperature to 350°; bake 8 minutes or until puffed and browned.
- 8Remove from oven; spoon Apple Filling over pancake (pancake will deflate).
- 9Sprinkle with powdered sugar and dollop with whipped cream; cut into wedges and serve.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arkansas German-Baked Pancake
Serving Size: 1 (371 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 485.7
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 206.9 mg
- Sodium 481.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 39.8 g
- Protein 9.4 g