Make and share this Arkansas German-Baked Pancake recipe from Food.com.
- Make Apple Filling: melt butter in a large skillet over med-high heat; add in apples; cook, stirring constantly, 12 minutes, until tender.
- Gently stir in honey; cook just until thoroughly heated; keep warm.
- Make pancake: heat a 12-inch cast-iron skillet in a 450° oven for 5 minutes.
- Combine the eggs, milk, and vanilla in a bowl; beat at medium speed using an electric mixer, until smooth.
- Add in flour and salt; beat 5 minutes.
- Melt butter in skillet; pour batter into hot skillet.
- Bake at 450° for 15 minutes; decrease temperature to 350°; bake 8 minutes or until puffed and browned.
- Remove from oven; spoon Apple Filling over pancake (pancake will deflate).
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and dollop with whipped cream; cut into wedges and serve.