Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I derived this recipe from "THE COUNTRY FAIR COOKBOOK" by L. Stallworth/R. Kennedy. I am sure you could substitute frozen hash browns for the cubed cooked potatoes.
- 6 slices bacon, cut in 2 inch pieces
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 6 cups cubed cooked potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- salt and pepper
- In a large heavy skillet, cook the bacon over moderate heat until crisp.
- Remove the bacon to drain.
- Pour off all but 3 tablespoons of drippings.
- Heat the drippings in pan until it sizzles.
- Add the green pepper, onion and potatoes and cook over medium heat until potatoes are browned, stirring gently.
- Sprinkle on the cheese and stir until it melts.
- Add the eggs and cook, stirring gently, until the eggs are set.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle on the crumbled bacon and serve at once.
A wonderful, filling breakfast for such a cold, windy morning here on the farm. I had extra diced potatoes from last night's dinner, I added the onion, a red pepper and bacon and this was perfect. Followed this exactly and we just devoured this. This was even quicker to prepare then I thought it was, I put everything on the stove (after mixing) went over took care of chores and upon returning I added a bit of cheese to the top, threw into the oven for a bit, and presto, a wonderful breakfast that truly was special. Thank you!
Yummy! I wanted to make something special for Father's Day for breakfast and came across this recipe. Everyone loved it! I used red pepper from DH's garden and added spices (chili powder, paprika, S/P)to the veggies while they were cooking. Thanks Boyz 5 for helping me get DH's special day off to a delicious start. :o)