When it’s 105º F. outside, this is a perfect dish for entertaining. Easy to prepare, and easy to serve as a “make-it-your-way” one-dish meal. And Fritos work better in this dish than “real” tortilla chips.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cut up, torn up, shredded
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 4 cups pinto beans, drained (2 cans)
- 20 ounces Fritos corn chips
- 4 -6 green onions, sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 4 -6 tomatoes, cut into bite-sized chunks (make mine Romas!)
- 12 ounces pre-shredded cheddar cheese (or colby-jack, or colby, or...?)
- 12 ounces Pace Picante Sauce, medium spicy
- 1 ounce hot sauce
- 1Crumble-fry the ground beef (w/salt, pepper, garlic to taste) and allow it to cool.
- 2Mix beef with beans and lettuce.
- 3Stick a long spoon in the Picanté sauce jar.
- 4Put remaining ingredients in individual bowls, with appropriate tongs, spoons, etc. for serving.
- 5Put a layer of fritos in your bowl or on your plate.
- 6Cover with beef-bean-lettuce mixture.
- 7Add other ingredients as desired.
- 8Apply the picanté sauce to taste. Add hot sauce as required by your palate.
- 9Step aside, because the first ones through the line will be coming back for more!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arizona Taco Salad
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 481.9
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 60.8 mg
- Sodium 662.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 22.8 g