Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Taken from an iVillage message board
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 12 ounces tomato paste
- 3 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 7 ounces sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- chopped fresh cilantro (to garnish)
- Brown turkey, mushrooms, chilies and garlic in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat for 10 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
- In a large saucepan, add the tomato paste, beans 6 Cups water, sun dried tomatoes and all spices.
- Add turkey to the saucepan and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and, simmer uncovered for 20 min stirring occasionally.
- Allow chili to stand 15 minutes before serving.
We are really rating this a 3.5 stars. DH didn't care for the mushrooms in his chili and I couldn't taste the sun-dried tomatoes. It did have plenty of heat and it was very easy to prepare. This was an unusual chili dish. I was really hoping for some wow! but it didn't happen. Thanks for posting. :)