Recipe by 2Bleu
These little treats I created are definitely for Lemon Lovers! This is easy to make and can be put together in a pinch. Great for pot lucks, reunions, weddings, cookouts, or luncheons. Serve as is or with lemon sherbert garnished with whipped cream and a mint leaf. NOTE: Due to previous reviews, on 8/18/08 we edited the ingredient amounts. I also used some diet friendly ingredients to adjust the calories and it is just as wonderful, but feel free to use real sugar, etc. if preferred.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, whipped to double (or 2 sticks softened)
- 2⁄3 cup Splenda granular
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 2⁄3 cups oats
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, chopped fine
- 2 large lemons, juice and zest of
- 1 (14 ounce) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Cream butter and sugar well. Add flour, salt, oats, almonds, and lemon zest, mixing well until crumbly.
- Place 1/2 of mix into a 9x13" pan that has been lightly buttered or sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Lightly press mixture into pan.
- Whisk together condensed milk and lemon juice (you should yield about 3/4 cups juice). Spread over top of mix that is in the pan.
- Sprinkle remaining dry mix over that. Again, lightly pressing mixture into pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool 1 hour then cut into small squares (about 1 1/2"). I make three long cuts, and 6-7 short side cuts. Refrigerate or serve warm.