Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Chili recipe that can be made in the crock. This won 3 prize out of 40 chili's. Clipped 20 years ago from some place.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb stew meat, chopped in bite size pieces
- 1 diced red onion
- 1 diced green pepper
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 (26 ounce) cans kidney beans, not drained
- 1 (26 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 (7 ounce) can green chilies
- grated cheese, for topping
- flour tortilla, for lining bowls when serving
- Brown the beef and stew meat.
- After brown add the onion & pepper and garlic and saute.
- Skim off fat.
- Add the rest of ingredients and simmer a couple of hours.
- I make it in the crock pot when I can.
- When done line a bowl with a tortilla and top with grated cheese and onion.