Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Busycooks.About.com. Very good recipe. Quick and easy. I always double the amount of salsa, simply because we like salsa and it just adds to the recipe in taste alone.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup prepared salsa
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (to garnish) (optional)
- Pound each breast between sheets of plastic wrap to a uniform thickness of about 1/2 inch.
- Spread with mustard.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Stir salsa and lime juice together and add to skillet.
- Simmer gently, uncovered, until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened, about 6-8 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cilantro.
This chicken is so simple and good. My husband wanted to make something special to suprise me for dinner and came accross this. He made no changes to this recipe. It has such a good flavor! We will be having this again soon- thanks so much for sharing.
Not a wow factor for us, but still plenty good and enjoyable. Will definitely make again. I didn't pound my chicken breast, either, and I'm with another post to try it with a different salsa. I highly recommend you use a salsa you know you like that fits your tastes. I reheated the leftovers the next night and it was still good. Easy, too! Thanks for sharing.
Didn't change a thing, and it turned out great. Love the simplicity of this healthy, delicious recipe! Will be making it again and again. Thanks for posting!