Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This strata can be served for brunch of supper. Recipe is from Bon Appetit.
Make and share this Arizona Cheese Strata recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated (packed)
- 3 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons jalapeno peppers, minced (seeded if you want less heat)
- 2 cups white bread, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup chunky salsa (your choice)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly butter a 9-inch diameter glass pie dish. Whisk first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl to blend. Mix in cheese, green onion, and jalapeno. Add bread; stir until moistened. Transfer mixture to prepared pie dish. Let stand until bread absorbs most of the custard, pressing several times to submerge cubes, about 5 minutes.
- Bake strata uncovered until light brown around edges, top is crusty, and knife inserted into center comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Combine salsa and cilantro in a small bowl. Cut strata into wedges. Serve with salsa.