Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 hrs
So, where in the heck's the champagne?? When it's 110 degrees in the shade, your mind can play strange tricks. I thought I'd post this as a memory of good times in Arizona. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen, head for California and wonder about the champagne. Recipe from the Arizona Republic, as I recall.
- 1⁄2 cup dry mustard (4 oz.)
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup good mayonnaise
- Mix dry mustard with vinegar and let stand in refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, bring to room temperature and cook with a mixture of the beaten egg, sugar, salt and cornstarch.
- Cook slowly, stirring, until mixture boils and thickens, 10-15 minutes.
- Let cool and add the mayonnaise.
- Stir well.
- Stay cool.
I've used this recipe for years (lived in Arizona for years too!). It is delicious on everything, especially on our honey-baked ham my daughter serves on Thanksgiving. Definately five stars!