Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Delicious carnitas recipe that I got off a package of boneless pork shoulder.
Make and share this Arizona Carnitas With Green Chiles recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork shoulder, cubed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, undrained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- Heat oven to 350.
- In a large ovenproof pan, heat 2 Tbsp of oil ove high heat. Add 1/2 the pork, salt, and pepper. Cook pork until it begins to brown, stirring often. Remove from heat; place in a bowl, cover to keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining oil, pork, salt and pepper.
- Cook onions in pan drippings until tender.
- Add chiles and garlic. Cook 2 minutes.
- Return pork to pan, add chicken broth, stir to combine.
- Cover pan and place in oven; bake 1 hour.
- Serve with warm tortillas.
- Optional toppings: Cheddar cheese, sour cream, tomatoes; guacamole.