Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very pretty and delicious salad or side dish! I serve it with Enchiladas and Mexican rice or beans. This will impress guests!
- 3 avocados, seeded and peeled
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- 2 drops Tabasco sauce
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes
- 8 lettuce leaves
- Peel tomato and cut off top.
- Scoop out pulp.
- Peel and dice the avocados, add lemon juice and coat well (this prevents the avocado from turning brown) Add onion, chili,cumin Tabasco, and salt.
- Stuff tomato with avocado mixture,chill for at least 1/2 hour and serve over lettuce.
Liked this very much
This was a great side dish for my enchilada dinner. I served them for my family. They really loved them. only one for each, is not enough :)
We really liked this as a side to a Mexican dinner (eggs and beans). Very pretty in its tomato container.