This recipe is from Mabela Lueders, from the cookbook "Heritage of Cooking" A Collection of Recipes from East Perry County, Missouri. To find out more about this cookbook read the description from the first recipe I posted from it #38782.
- Soak onions and cucumbers in salted water (use 1/4 cup salt for each quart water) for 2 hours.
- Drain well. (Rita L said she rinsed the cucumbers 2 or 3 times in this step.).
- Boil together the remaining ingredients.
- Place pickles in hot solution and boil gently 25 minutes.
- Pack into clean, sterilized jars and seal while hot.
- Chill before serving.