This is one of my family's favorite quick work night meals - I used to make this as a teen for my folks and have continued with my family. My kids (and hubby) request this one!! Fun ways to change it up are to bake crescent rolls in a ball/roll filled with cheese on top of the casserole (I like to start them out first so the bottoms cook a bit first), or top the casserole with fried onions, crushed potato chips (a great use for those old chips in the cupboard), etc. I modify the amounts depending on what I have in the pantry - but it is always great!!!
- 3 (6 ounce) canswhite albacore tuna in water
- 2 (26 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup (low sodium if possible)
- 1 (12 ounce) bagrainbow rotini pasta
- 1 (8 ounce) bagshredded tillamook sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) bagkraft shredded four cheese blend
- 10 ounces frozen peas (organic preferred)
- pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- Cook pasta al dente (9 minutes) or as directed on package. Drain.
- Combine in pot pasta, cream of mushroom soup, tuna, peas, salt, pepper and cheese.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Transfer into a covered casserole dish and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes prior to serving.
- Serving suggestions - serve with crusty bread and salad or green veggie. ;) Enjoy!