Prep 12 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of my family's favorite quick work night meals - I used to make this as a teen for my folks and have continued with my family. My kids (and hubby) request this one!! Fun ways to change it up are to bake crescent rolls in a ball/roll filled with cheese on top of the casserole (I like to start them out first so the bottoms cook a bit first), or top the casserole with fried onions, crushed potato chips (a great use for those old chips in the cupboard), etc. I modify the amounts depending on what I have in the pantry - but it is always great!!!
- 3 (6 ounce) canswhite albacore tuna in water
- 2 (26 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup (low sodium if possible)
- 1 (12 ounce) bagrainbow rotini pasta
- 1 (8 ounce) bagshredded tillamook sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) bagkraft shredded four cheese blend
- 10 ounces frozen peas (organic preferred)
- pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- Cook pasta al dente (9 minutes) or as directed on package. Drain.
- Combine in pot pasta, cream of mushroom soup, tuna, peas, salt, pepper and cheese.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Transfer into a covered casserole dish and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes prior to serving.
- Serving suggestions - serve with crusty bread and salad or green veggie. ;) Enjoy!
This was very good. It is very easy to make and went together quickly. I cut the recipe in half and added crushed parmesan and garlic potato chips to the top. This will definitely be made again as I usually have all the ingredients on hand. Made and reviewed for ZWT4. Thanks for posting Mommy Diva.
I found this recipe when I didn't have milk to use for any of the more popular recipes. It was great! I wasn't sure if I was supposed to make the Cream of Mushroom soup first according to the directions on the can, so I ended up splitting the difference and adding about half the amount of water that would normally be used the make the soup. It was just about right. I plan to use this recipe again next time I make tuna casserole. It was very easy too.
I decided to try this recipee in hopes that my taste buds had matured over the years. My husband wasn't too thrilled about my dinner choice either. It was pretty good for tuna casserole but I don't think we will ever be fans of the dish. Still, if someone was every looking for a tuna casserole recipe I would point them in this direction.