2 hrs 25 mins
This came in the mail along with an advertisement. It sounds simple for a Pozole recipe, but I haven't yet tried it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For Meat and Hominy
- 4 lbs pork shoulder or 4 lbs chicken, in approx. 2 . 5-inch by 2 . 5-inch pieces
- 1 (29 ounce) can hominy
- 3 ancho chilies, seeded and cleaned
- 3 guajillo chilies, seeded and cleaned
- 4 -6 pieces garlic, slivers
- finely ground black pepper
- 1In a large pot place meat and enough water to cover all the meat and salt to taste
- 2Set the stove to medium high.
- 3Skim off any foam that rises to the surface, after doing this turn down heat to medium/medium-low.
- 4Let cook for 1.5 to 2 hrs (until meat is fully cooked).
- 5While meat is cooking, in another pot place chiles, garlic, pepper and about 4-5 cups of water for 15 minute.
- 6Remove from pot and put in a blender and blend with salt to taste.
- 7Drain and wash hominy.
- 8When meat is fully cooked add hominy to the sauce and salt to taste.
- 9Bring to a boil for 15 minutes.
- 10Garnish with cabbage, chopped onions, cilantro, radish and oregano. Add lime juice to taste.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ariana's Pozole
Serving Size: 1 (970 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1320.2
- Calories from Fat 763
- Total Fat 84.7 g
- Saturated Fat 28.7 g
- Cholesterol 322.0 mg
- Sodium 774.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.4 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 86.1 g