1/4 Photos of Argentinian Grilled Flank Steak With Chimichurri Sauce
A simple grilled technique and flavorful, herb-packed sauce enliven flank steak. From Cook's Illustrated 2009 Summer Grilling issue.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare grill according to manufacturer's instructions.
- 2Place onion on baking sheet; brush both sides lightly with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 3Sprinkle both sides of steak with salt and pepper. Place onion and steak directly on grill. Grill onion, turning once, until streaked with dark grill marks, 10 to 12 minutes. Grill steak until well seared and dark brown on side, 5 to 7 minutes. Using tongs, flip steak; continuing grilling on other side until interior of meat is slightly less done than you want it to be when you eat it, 2 to 5 minutes more for rare or medium-rate.
- 4Transfer steak to cutting board, cover loosely with foil and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice steak very thing on bias against the grain. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Place onions on platter and arrange meat over onions. Serve with Chimichurri Sauce.
- 5For Chimichurri Sauce:.
- 6Process parsley and garlic in the work bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade, stopping as necessary to scrape sides of bowl. Until ingredients are chopped fine. Transfer mixture to medium bowl. Whisk in oil, vinegar, pepper flakes, salt and 2 tablespoons water until thoroughly blended. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Argentinian Grilled Flank Steak With Chimichurri Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 672.1
- Calories from Fat 444
- Total Fat 49.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 154.2 mg
- Sodium 716.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 49.2 g