Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Publix (supermarket)Apron's, Simple Meal cards. I got this recipe on a trip to Florida. I used this as a guide and added some other spices. I used Emeril's steak rub and garlic powder. I also used the marinated oil from mozzerella balls from Costco. I thought I was brilliant with that one! Adobo is Spanish seasoned salt.
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 ounce fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 lbs skirt steaks, seasoned
- Cut rinsed lemon in half and squeeze juice (about 1 tbsp.) into the food processor.
- Remove large stems from the rinsed parsley and add to the lemon juice with 3 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, and Adobo seasoning.
- Pulse 10-15 times until coarsely chopped and blended.
- Preheat large saute pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Add remaining oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add steaks and cook 6-8 minutes, turning often, until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F.
- Top steaks with the parsley mixture and serve.
Outstanding! I marinated the steaks in the sauce and then threw them on my george foreman grill. The adobo seasoning is the key in my opinion. The steak was tender, juicy and packed with flavor. Thank you.
I love skirt steaks and these were excellent steaks. The sauce was perfect. I loved the tang of the lemon mellowed slightly by the parsley.