1/2 Photos of Argentinean Oak-Planked Beef Tenderloin With Chimichurri Sauce
Grill on a wood plank to keep food moist and impart a mild, smoky flavor. It is great for fish, pork and beef. Food cooked on a plank is moist, because of the damp smoke from the wood. The ingredients list is long but that is for the sauce and that goes straight into the food processor. Cooking Light, June 2003. I didn't allow an hour for soaking the plank nor was I able to mention the plank in the ingredients however, I did mention size etc. in the directions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (4 ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, trimmed 3/4-inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup mint leaf
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth or 1/4 cup fat free low-sodium beef broth
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1Immerse and soak plank,15x6-1/2x3/8" in water 1 hour, drain.
- 2Prepare grill, heating one side to medium and one side to high heat.
- 3To prepare steak, sprinkle steaks with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- 4Place plank on grill rack over high heat; grill 5 minutes or until lightly charred. Carefully turn plank over; move to medium heat.
- 5Place steak on charred side of plank.
- 6Cover and grill 12 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
- 7Prepare the sauce while you are soaking plank.
- 8Combine parsely and remaining ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
- 9Serve with steaks,.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Argentinean Oak-Planked Beef Tenderloin With Chimichurri Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.3
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 80.5 mg
- Sodium 644.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 20.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
sherry wine vinegar