1/2 Photos of Argentinean Chimichurri Burgers
Chimichurri is a thick herb sauce found in Argentinean cooking. Here it's tucked inside burgers prior to grilling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, lightly packed
- 1 cup fresh Italian parsley, lightly packed
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 6 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- sliced tomato
- sliced onion
- 1Cover the bottom of a small skillet with the cumin; cook and stir over low heat for 2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- 2Remove from heat.
- 3For chimichurri, combine the cumin, cilantro, parsley, vinegar, red pepper, and sea salt or coarse salt in a blender container.
- 4Cover and blend on lowest speed, slowly adding the oil.
- 5Combine ground beef, the 1/4 teaspoon salt, and the ground red pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- 6Shape into 12 patties 3-1/2 inches in diameter.
- 7Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the chimichurri mixture in the center of each of 6 of the patties.
- 8Place remaining patties on top and seal edges.
- 9Place burger patties on the lightly oiled rack of the grill directly over medium heat.
- 10Grill for 18 to 22 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in centers registers 160 degree F, turning once halfway through grilling.
- 11Brush rolls with some of the chimichurri sauce.
- 12Top with burgers, remaining sauce, and tomatoes and onions.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Argentinean Chimichurri Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 474.9
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 98.2 mg
- Sodium 605.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 34.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar