Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yummy pockets filled with caramel and coconut.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 6 -7 tablespoons ice water
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Place flour, powdered sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl; stir to combine. Cut butter into flour mixture with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture forms pea-sized pieces. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time; toss with fork until mixture holds together. Divide dough in half; cover and refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, melt caramels and milk in medium saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly; stir in coconut. Remove from heat; cool.
- Working with 1 portion at a time, roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut dough with 3-inch round cookie cutter. Reroll trimmings and cut out more cookies.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease cookie sheets; set aside. Beat egg and water in cup. Place 1/2 teaspoon caramel mixture in center of each dough round. Moisten edge of dough round with egg mixture. Fold dough in half; press edges firmly to seal in filling. Press edges with fork. Place crescents on prepared cookie sheets; brush with egg mixture. Cut 3 slashes across top of each cookie with tip of knife.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove cookies to wire racks; cool completely. Store tightly covered at room temperature.
- Note: These cookies do not freeze well.