Recipe by JanuaryBride
This is a great recipe from Ingrid Hoffmann.
Top Review by Scribbler515
We made this today to the T and enjoyed it. We grilled the skirt steak for five minutes on each side, resulting in a medium steak. I thought the chimichurri sauce tasted a tad too strong of vinegar, but my husband disagreed and said he wouldn't change a thing. Bottomline: if you are not a fan of a strong vinegar taste, you should reduce the vinegar to a third or quarter cup. Thanks for sharing!
For Chimichurri Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1/2 lemon)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 3 lbs skirt steaks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Make Chimichurri:.
- Place the vinegar, lemon juice, parsley, oregano, and garlic in a blender and puree.
- With the motor running, add the olive oil, blending until the sauce comes together.
- Add the red pepper flakes and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- Serve at room temperature.
- For the Steak:.
- Rub the steaks with the olive oil and season them with salt. Grill the steaks on medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side for a medium-rare to medium, or longer for medium-well or well done.
- Serve topped with Chimichurri Sauce.