Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is a combination of two other recipes I have tried. One being an Argentine recipe and the other an appetizer from Bon Appetite Magazine. My husband loves this recipe as it is chuck full of flavor and it reminds him of one of his meals at a favorite restaurant. We prefer this steak with the horseradish sauce. You could easily substitute a good Chimicurra Sauce to make it more authentic.
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chop fine
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 rib eye steaks, - 1 to 1 1/2 inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup creme fraiche
- 1 teaspoon jarred prepared horseradish
- In a Tupperware container, combine peppercorns, red pepper flakes, garlic, shallots, rosemary, parsley, salt, red wine and oil.
- Mix well.
- Add steaks to container, turning to coat both sides well.
- Seal container with steaks and chill for at least 4 hours. Remove from fridge and let sit at room temperature for at least 15 minutes.
- Over hot BBQ coals, grill steaks for about 5 minutes per side. This will be a medium rare to medium steak.
- Let sit 5 minutes before serving.
- In a bowl combine Creme Fraise and horseradish together. Mix well and refrigerate until ready to serve as condiment to the grilled steaks.