1/4 Photos of Argentine Rice-Veggie Salad
A recipe from Rachael Ray.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup white rice
- salt and pepper
- 1 carrot, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 ear of corn, kernels scraped off
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons celery leaves, chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1In a small saucepan, bring the rice, 1 cup water and 1/4 teaspoon salt to a boil. Lower the heat, cover and simmer until the water is absorbed, about 17 minutes. Fluff with a fork and let cool.
- 2Meanwhile, fill another saucepan with salted water. Add the carrot, bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a bowl; toss with 2 tablespoon olive oil, the vinegar and oregano. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3In the same saucepan, blanch the corn in the boiling water for 3 minutes; transfer to the bowl with the carrot. Add the peas to the boiling water and cook for 1 minute. Transfer to the bowl.
- 4Add the rice, cubed celery, chopped celery leaves and onion to the bowl, season with salt and pepper, drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoon olive oil and toss.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Argentine Rice-Veggie Salad
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.4
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 72.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 4.6 g