Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My daughter brought this recipe back from her honeymoon in Argentina. It is very simple....the longest part is just marinating. (8 hours). This is not included in prep time as it is inactive prep time. Any leftovers are great on a sandwich or on a salad!
- 1 lb flank steak
- black pepper, freshly ground (amount depends on your taste)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Score the steak 1/4 inch deep on both sides; rub the black pepper on both sides of the steak, amount depending on your tolerance for black pepper! Place in a large shallow dish or a thick ziplock plastic bag. Combine olive oil and the remaining ingredients in a small bowl; stir well.
- Pour the marinade mixture over the steak; cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 8 hours.
- Remove the steak from marinade, discarding the marinade.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot coals (350 to 400 degrees) for 4 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness.
- Let rest for 5 minutes, covered. To serve, slice the steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Enjoy!
Fabulous! So easy & delicious. I even managed to cook it properly, lol. Made for Culinary Quest 2014/CCQ.
What a wonderful steak, so fresh!! I love the flavor of this steak, yet it is so simple and quick!! I tried something very similar to this but with chicken and loved it as well!! Thanks for sharing a great marinade for steak that we will be using again!! Made for CQ 2014.