1/3 Photos of Argentine Grilled Chicken Skewers
Pierre Dance's Note:
I found this one on line while I was putzing around. It sounded good and it seemed quick and easy so I gave it a shot. The flavor was marvelous. It lived up to my expectations.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 chicken breasts or 4 chicken thighs
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch squares
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch squares
- 2 yellow onions, cut into eighths
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- bamboo skewer
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika (www.worldspice.com has the real stuff)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh Mexican oregano
- kosher salt
- black peppercorns
- 1Soak the skewers for an hour.
- 2Set charcoal alight.
- 3In your handy mortar grind the Oil, Garlic, Paprika, Oregano, Salt, and Peppercorns.
- 4Skin, debone, and de-fat the chicken.
- 5Cut into 1/2 cubes.
- 6Rinse, pat dry, stir into Marinade.
- 7Coat well.
- 8Thread the Onion, Chicken, Peppers, and Cherry Tomatoes alternately onto the skewers.
- 9Grill over medium coals for 15-20 minutes'til everything is done.
- 10This works well grilled over a hibachi or other small grill on a picnic.
- 11Prepare everything at home and do the grilling at the picnic site.
- 12It's almost as good cooked under the broiler at home.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Argentine Grilled Chicken Skewers
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 532.5
- Calories from Fat 368
- Total Fat 40.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 96.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 31.5 g