Recipe by Grace Lynn
I love ceviche and this one takes overnight to achieve the best flavor. It's always a long and aggravating wait for me!
- 1 lb sea scallops or 1 lb bay scallop, rinsed (if using sea scallops, cut into bite-size pieces)
- 8 limes, juice of
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped onions
- 1⁄2 cup Spanish olives, pits removed and sliced into quarters
- 2 tablespoons olive brine, from jar
- 3 tomatoes, peeled and chopped,with juice reserved
- 1 (14 ounce) bottleheinz hot ketchup (or 1 3/4 cups plain ketchup mixed with 1 tablespoon dried red pepper flakes)
- 1 tablespoon crumbled dried oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- In a glass or ceramic bowl, cover the scallops with the lime juice.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, combine all of the remaining ingredients in a separate nonreactive bowl.
- Cover the sauce and keep at room temperature.
- When the scallops are"cooked," drain in a colander.
- Rinse under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Add the scallops to the sauce, mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight until ready to serve.