2 hrs 20 mins
Found this at World Recipes. Sounds good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs beef, cut into bite size cubes (I use sirloin tip)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup dried apricot, chopped coarsely if whole and large
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 large pumpkin
- butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 lb whole kernel corn, drained and defrosted if necessary
- 1In olive oil, brown the beef with the onion and garlic.
- 2Add all of the remaining ingredients, except the corn, sherry and pumpkin.
- 3Simmer for 1 hour, covered.
- 4Cut the top off the pumpkin and discard.
- 5Scoop out the seeds and stringy membrane, and discard them as well.
- 6You could toast the pumpkin seeds in the oven for a snack if you like, but they are not used in this recipe.
- 7Brush the inside of the pumpkin with butter and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- 8Stir in the stew, sherry and corn.
- 9Bake the stew-containing pumpkin at 325° F for about an hour, or until the pumpkin is tender.
- 10When serving, scoop out some pumpkin along with the stew.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Argentine Beef Stew
Serving Size: 1 (470 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 538.9
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 88.2 mg
- Sodium 573.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 21.4 g
- Protein 41.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: