Recipe by joanna_giselle
I tried this salad at a Greek restaurant on my summer holidays in Pelion. I don't think it's Argentinian but it really is a delicious combination of lettuce, walnuts, sun-dried tomatoes and mozzarella. I ended up eating just the salad and ignored my main course! Try it and see for yourself.
Top Review by shysavsianna
I loved this recipe, not a favorite of my daughters (but they are young). I did alter the recipe slightly. I used cherry tomatoes because I didn't have sun-dried available in our area. I also changed the walnut's to dry roasted pistachios. AWESOME RECIPE!
- 1 head romaine lettuce or 1 head cos lettuce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh carrot (grated)
- 5 -6 large sun-dried tomatoes (the semi-dried meaty ones)
- 1⁄3 cup walnut halves (raw or toasted if you prefer)
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese (cut into small chunks)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- salt and pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the lettuce leaves individually and spin them in a salad spinner or drain for 30 minutes in a colander.
- Bunch them together and slice them in 1cm (1/2 inch) ribbons and place in a shallow salad bowl.
- Scatter the grated carrot on top followed by the cheese, walnuts and semi-dried tomatoes.
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a small jar and shake well.
- Pour over the salad and serve immediately.
- You can use your own dressing as this is just an approximation of the dressing used.
- You could also substitute other cheeses instead of the mozzarella.