Recipe by Dienia B.
From Debbie who is married to a nice Columbian chap.
Top Review by awalde
Hi dear Dienia!
Your arepas are really great and worth to try!
I used Swiss cheese and exactly sliced "Raclette" cheese. A great and new way to serve both!
Note: If somebody prefers the cheese more melted, then put some seconds into the microwave!
MMHH, you will see!
- 2 3⁄4 cups masa harina
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 12 ounces cottage cheese
- 2 1⁄2 cups water, hot
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup queso fresco
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine masa harina, margarine, salt, and cottage cheese with the hot water.
- Knead well after each addition until mixture resembles new play dough.
- Pinch off golf sized balls; press between two ziploc bags into 1/4 inch thick circles.
- Cook lightly on greased surface of griddle until lightly browned.
- Serve with butter and queso fresco.