Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Debbie who is married to a nice Columbian chap.
Make and share this Arepas recipe from Food.com.
- 2 3⁄4 cups masa harina
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 12 ounces cottage cheese
- 2 1⁄2 cups water, hot
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup queso fresco
- Combine masa harina, margarine, salt, and cottage cheese with the hot water.
- Knead well after each addition until mixture resembles new play dough.
- Pinch off golf sized balls; press between two ziploc bags into 1/4 inch thick circles.
- Cook lightly on greased surface of griddle until lightly browned.
- Serve with butter and queso fresco.
Hi dear Dienia!
Your arepas are really great and worth to try!
I used Swiss cheese and exactly sliced "Raclette" cheese. A great and new way to serve both!
Note: If somebody prefers the cheese more melted, then put some seconds into the microwave!
MMHH, you will see!
Really enjoyed the addition of cottage cheese. These were cut in half and made a delicious breakfast treat served with avocado slices and locally produced asadero cheese. Will definately make these again. Made for Cleaning Up in the Diabetic Forum.