Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Simply said in the name, I eat this often and once had to do a cooking project for class so I made mass quantities of these. I got the original recipe off of this site, but then talked to a native Venezuelan who taught me how to really make them. Fill them with anything and they taste good! updated 6/17/08 sorry about changing it to multible servings don't worry you'll want to eat more than one (atleast 2) at a time and I think they should freeze also they can be reheated in the microwave
- 2 cups superfine white cornmeal, P. A. N. is what I mean but the zaar dosen't recognize it this is a Venezuelan corn flour, masa hari
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups water, if using masa harina the amount is enough to make it stick together but not much more
- cheddar cheese (or other whatever you want)
- Mix the P. A. N., salt, and water.
- Form into a circular patty shape.
- Dry fry it.
- Cut it like a pita.
- Put in your cheese or other things.
Just a comment, but I do hope to try this soon. I think you meant to describe the masa harina as "some type of corn flour" )not corn flower). i just wanted to clear up any confusion that might cause for anyone who really doesn't know. :)
man, i really luv dis dish, like its so gud nd aell, bat dis dish doesnt tellll mi haow leng tew dri fri de cuken, wit luve, Nathaniel Vanbeverage