1/3 Photos of Arepas
Chef Christine's Note:
I only saw recipes for Venezuelan and Ecuadorean Arepas so I thought I'd share this one. It's from my Colombian friend.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine cornmeal and water in a bowl.
- 2Add cheese and then buttermilk.
- 3Heat a non-stick skillet (low).
- 4Roll mixture into a ball and place in pan and flatten into a pancake, about a 4 inches circle.
- 5heat for about 5 minutes, continually checking that it does not burn.
- 6when it is golden brown flip over to other side for about five minutes.
- 7shred additional queso blanco on top and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arepas
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.5
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 24.9 mg
- Sodium 266.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 11.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: