Recipe by Studentchef
This recipe comes from the box of Arctic Garden's frozen blueberries, and I thought this would be nice to share. For variation add 1 grated orange rind, or substitute raspberries for the blueberries.
Top Review by karen
These were really tasty healthy muffins. I followed the recipe but only used about 6 oz of blueberries (which was more than enough), canola oil and strawberry-banana-orange juice. I really like that there was no white flour or white sugar in this recipe, but they were plenty sweet from maple syrup and blueberries. Oh...and I filled the tins pretty close to full and got 13 muffins. Bake time was right on.
- 1 3⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup oats
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 (300 g) packagearctic garden's frozen blueberries (or any other frozen blueberries)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 210 C (400 F), and grease muffin pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder, oats, brown sugar, and blueberries.
- In a small bowl combine egg, applesauce, orange juice, vegetable oil and maple syrup.
- Pour all at once the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Fill the greased muffin pans until 2/3 full, and bake for 25 minutes. Let cool for 2 minutes before removing.