Recipe by mell_2
The New Legal Sea Foods Cookbook Recipe By :Roger Berkowitz & Jane Doerfer Serving Size : 4
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
I really liked the curry/panko coating; it paired well with the fish. I agreed with another reviewer who felt the pears were too crunchy in the dish. I made the recipe as directed. Thanks.
- 3 bosc pears, unpeeled (cut into eighths)
- 4 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 8 shallots, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives, minced
- 2 -3 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 lbs arctic char or 2 lbs salmon
- 3 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons walnuts, toasted chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss the pears with the orange juice in a large nonreactive bowl and set aside. Heat the oil and saute the shallots over medium-low heat for 20 to 30 minutes, until softened and slightly carmelized. Drain the pear slices and gently toss with the Grand Marnier, chives, ginger, and salt and pepper to taste. Fan out attractively on a serving platter, and top with the shallots.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Combine the panko with the curry powder. Dip the arctic char into the flour, shake to remove any excess, and place the fillets into a baking dish. Pat the panko onto their surfaces, and drizzle with the melted butter. Pour 2 Tablespoons of water around the fillets. Bake for about 12 minutes, or until the char is cooked through and the bread crumbs are browned.
- Arrange the char over the pears, so that the pear design is visible. Sprinkle with the walnuts, if desired.