Prep 3 mins
Cook 7 mins
From America's Most Wanted Recipes - Copycat Versions of Everyone's Best-Loved Food. There are similar recipes posted for this sauce, but this recipe has the addition of dark brown sugar and Worcestershire, which makes a big difference.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a small saucepan, combine all the ingredients and cook over medium heat. Stir until the sauce begins to boil, about 7 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Let cool, covered.
- Store covered in the refrigerator. Keep for at least 1 month.