Recipe by KCShell
From Copykat (www.copykat.com) My friend, Janet loves Arby sauce more than anything. She wants to know why they dont' bottle it. Now you can!
Top Review by Chef Dudo
I'm really sorry but this was not at all what I had expected. When cooking the sauce gave off a pungent smell, probably due to the vinegar. But OK-maybe the taste would be good. But no. Again, really sorry to give a low rating but this was such a disappointment.
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (lea& perrins)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Corn starch Mixture
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix corn starch and water and set aside.
- Place all sauce ingredients in a blender and blend on high for 15-20 seconds.
- Pour ingredients inot a small saucepan.
- Heat on medium low.
- Simmer gently for 20 minutes, stirring several times.
- AFter 20 minutes, add corn starch mixture, stir well.
- When sauce begins to thicken, let simmer on a very low temperature for ten minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Mixture will be similiar in thickness to steak sauce.
- Store in a covered container in the refridgerator.