Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Copykat (www.copykat.com) My friend, Janet loves Arby sauce more than anything. She wants to know why they dont' bottle it. Now you can!
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (lea& perrins)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Corn starch Mixture
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Mix corn starch and water and set aside.
- Place all sauce ingredients in a blender and blend on high for 15-20 seconds.
- Pour ingredients inot a small saucepan.
- Heat on medium low.
- Simmer gently for 20 minutes, stirring several times.
- AFter 20 minutes, add corn starch mixture, stir well.
- When sauce begins to thicken, let simmer on a very low temperature for ten minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Mixture will be similiar in thickness to steak sauce.
- Store in a covered container in the refridgerator.
I'm really sorry but this was not at all what I had expected. When cooking the sauce gave off a pungent smell, probably due to the vinegar. But OK-maybe the taste would be good. But no. Again, really sorry to give a low rating but this was such a disappointment.